Posted: 1st September 2020
Effective: 1st September 2020
Film Central PTY LTD is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information and data very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information or data.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, apps, mobile applications, and online services;
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- The persons to which we transfer or disclose personal data;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- How we comply with the data protection rules.
- That personal data is collected and processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
“Film Central PTY LTD” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Film Central”) in this policy primarily refers to the company Film Central PTY LTD, ACN 635 723 483, the main operating company of the Costume Central App, and, where appropriate, to other companies in the Film Central group or other entities over which Film Central exercises management control. Film Central is the “data controller” of all personal data that is collected and used about Film Central customers for the purposes of privacy and data protection laws, principles and regulations which may apply in your country.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, phone number, social media name or ‘handle’, postal address, email address, details of products or services you have purchased, payment details and information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you (either directly or indirectly, through our third party partners or providers) in a number of ways. Specifically, we may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card or other payment details;
- Information you provide about yourself and any preferences in your account;
- Information about your purchases of products and services from us or our partners;
- Information about your use of our website or app;
- Communications with us or directed to us via letters, emails, chat services, calls, and social media; and
What do we use your personal data for, why, and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Provide products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services for which you have signed up;
- Credit or other payment card verification/screening; and payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect or prevent any fraudulent activities;
- Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, customer surveys, maintenance and development, or in order to deal with a dispute or claim.
- Security, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- Customer service communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so, which will depend on the reasons for which we have collected and need to use your personal data.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so that we can enter into our contract and fulfill the provision or delivery of goods or services to you.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- Where you have consented to our using your personal data (eg. for marketing related uses);
- If it is in our legitimate interests to do so (eg. for administrative purposes).
Only children above a certain age (generally 16 years or older, but varying from country to country) can provide their own consent. For children under this age, the knowledge and consent of the parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is being processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We also consider the periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations, or to deal with complaints and queries, and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
Sharing your personal data
Film Central will only use your data, as is necessary to provide with the services associated with your subscription. This includes other users as nominated by you.
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies and regulators for compliance with legal requirements;
- Other companies, contractors or agents to provide services to you including marketing, communications, legal services, debt collection, administration services, customer services, information technology providers, credit card or other payment methods to conduct transactions;
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in countries in which we operate, in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- Our trusted third party ancillary partners (identified on our website), who many offer products and services on or through our website. If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties, you may be a customer of both Film Central and these third parties, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you, such as your contact details and your billing information. We are not responsible for third parties’ use of your personal data where such use is permitted for their own purposes. You should consult their privacy policies for further information.
International Data Transfer
Film Central operates businesses in multiple jurisdictions, some of which may not be located in your jurisdiction. Not all jurisdictions have strong data protection laws, however we require all service providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with New South Wales and Australian laws that relate to privacy and data protection.
Your Usage of data
You can access, amend, download, and delete your personal information at any time by logging into your Film Central account and going to your account settings page.
For further information or any queries on how your data is stored or used please contact firstname.lastname@example.org